Clown Fish!

1. 7 months ago

Does anyone have clown fish at all? I do and I really like them, they're really small and they look really nice! They can be a bit aggressive at times and can be very protective! One thing they are protective of is when the female is pregnant and the males protect the eggs until they hatch. I didn't know this until recently if you look really close at them, then you can see they have the black lines around the fish.

2. Rouelle

14 Jan 2017 Premium Oklahoma, USA

Back when I was doing saltwater tanks I always kept a clownfish. I love their personality.

3. James

14 Jan 2017 Premium Orem, Utah, United States

I have wanted to try out saltwater tanks but they tend to cost BOTH too much money to start with, and also too much time to get them ready for even adding any type of life inside (whether that be a coral or fish or even invertebrate). Clownfish that I've seen at people's places though seem to be really cool fish with the way that they swim around, and the fact that they can change genders easily is another crazy fact about how nature can take ahold of your aquarium without you doing anything.

4. Rouelle

14 Jan 2017 Premium Oklahoma, USA

Not to hijack the thread, but I will briefly add that while saltwater tanks are expensive, they seem to be easier to set up than freshwater tanks. You put in live sand, then live rock, and you tank is almost totally cycled and fish ready much sooner than with freshwater. Just my $0.02.

5. 6 months ago

I love clown fish, but I agree with Rouelle in all cases. It's extremely expensive to have a saltwater tank.

or Sign Up to reply!