Divider or Separation?

1. 3 months ago

Avery

Feb 20 Administrator Arizona, United States

Do you all prefer to use a divider or some form of separation such as a tank within a tank, hidden area, etc? These would be for tanks where you want to keep multiple fish in but some of them may be aggressive (normally found with Betta fish) or that you want to keep the fry inside of the same tank but afraid of the parents eating the fry in.

I personally use a separation method since I feel like adding dividers tends to be a tad too much work, but fish try to jump over them, run into the walls, and then you run into more issues with water circulation and filtration when compared to the other method.

2. Rouelle

Feb 25 Premium Oklahoma, USA

I always found dividers to look tacky (just my opinion, no offense intended to anyone). I like to just keep non-compatible species in different tanks.

3. @Rouelle I always found dividers to look tacky (just my opinion, no offense intended to anyone). I like to just keep non-compatible species in different tanks.

100% agree, having dividers just make the tank look so odd and like you don't have enough room for species to get along inside.

or Sign Up to reply!